A Celebration of Art & Ideas
5-11pm — April 30, 2020
MMoCA in Madison, WI
An Evening of Philosophy is a marathon of philosophical debate, performances, screenings, poetry, art, and music. Free and open to all, featuring events for curious minds of all ages, the event is designed to engage the greater Madison community in a lively exchange of ideas on topics both timely and timeless.
Located at the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, an Evening of Philosophy in Madison aims to promote the public humanities by bringing together, in a single evening, philosophy, art, and everyday life.
Additional information — including the full program of public talks, interactive dialogues, music, poetry, dance, film, childrens’ activities, and more — will be posted in February.
- Philosophy discussions led by world-class thinkers
- Diverse topics — perennial questions, as well as those related to current affairs
- Poetry, music, dance, and other performances by renowned local artists
- Interactive dramatizations of philosophical problems
- Philosophy/art projects for children and teens
- Sessions in honor of Earth Day’s 50th anniversary
- Free and open to all!
- The Anonymous Fund
- Department of Philosophy
- Institute for Research in the Humanities
- Center for Humanities
- Charles Winter Philosophical Events Fund
- Minorities and Philosophy
- Madison Public Philosophy
- Undergraduate Association of Philosophy
Organizer: John Bengson (Associate Professor of Philosophy, UW-Madison)
Questions about the event can be sent to email@example.com.