Danielle Lee Clevenger
(Forthcoming). “Undergraduate Conferences as High Impact Practices with an Impact on Gender Parity” (with Koolage, W. John). Teaching Philosophy, 41 (3).
- (2016). “Regularity Theories Disconfirmed: A Revamped Argument and a Wager” Synthese, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11229-016-1177-y
(Forthcoming). “Review of David McPherson’s Spirituality and The Good Life“. Journal of Moral Philosophy.
(Forthcoming). “Review of Cora Diamond’s Reading Wittgenstein with Anscombe, Going On to Ethics“. Journal of Value Inquiry
- (2018). “Kierkegaard and Binswanger on Faith’s Relation to Love: A Response to Schrjivers,” (published with a reply from Joeri Schrjivers), Syndicate.
- (2021). “Extended Control Systems: A Theory and its Implications”. Philosophical Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1080/09515089.2021.1872778
- (2019). “Locating Animals with Respect to Landmarks in Spacetime.” Commentary on Hoerl & McCormack’s “Thinking in and about time: A dual systems perspective on temporal cognition” (with C. Buckner). Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- (2020). “Structural and indicator representations: a difference in degree, not kind” (with L. Shapiro). Synthese.
- (2015). Masrour, F., Nirshberg, G., Schon, M., Leardi, J., & Barrett, E. “Revisiting the empirical case against perceptual modularity”. Frontiers in Psychology, 6, 1676. http://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01676
- (2019). International Educational Justice: Educational Resources for Students Living Abroad. Global Justice: Theory Practice Rhetoric 12(1), 78-99.
- (2018). “Consciousness, Conceivability, and Intrinsic Reduction,” Erkenntnis, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10670-018-0069-6
- (2017). “Inconceivable Physicalism,” Analysis, 77(1): 116-125.
- (2020). “Harm, Consent, and Virtual Selves in Full Body Ownership Illusions: Real Concerns for Immersive Virtual Reality Therapies” (with Maria Botero). Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics.
(Forthcoming). “Between Crisis-Philia and Crisis-Phobia: Reflections on the Community of Inquiry.” Analytic Teaching and Philosophical Praxis, 38 (2).
- “How A Causalist Theory of Action Can Account for Intentional Omissions” American Philosophical Association Central Division Meeting (February 2018).
- “How A Causalist Theory of Action Can Account for Intentional Omissions” Northwest Philosophy Conference (October 2017).
- “How Special Relations Can Provide Agent-neutral Reasons” Iowa Philosophical Society Conference (November 2016).
- “Special Relations as the Grounds of Agent-neutral Reasons” Mountain-Plains Philosophy Conference (October 2016)
- “Another Stoic Inconsistency: Propositions and Predicationals” Northwest Philosophy Conference (October 2015).
- “Multiple Entrenchment Orderings in the AGM Model of Belief Revision” Boise State University (September 2014).
- “What’s ‘Inside’? An Argument for Dispositional Identity as Mark of the Internal” at APA Central Division Meeting in New Orleans, LA (February 2021).
- “The Reason to Be Angry Proportionally” at Mancept Workshop in Political Theory, Manchester Centre for Political Theory, University of Manchester, UK, (September 2020) online due to Covid-19.
- “Is [Moral Judgment] like [Jade]? A Metasemantic Challenge for Moral Thought Pluralism” at Great Lakes Philosophy Conference, Adrian College and Siena Heights University in Adrian, MI (April 2020) Cancelled due to Covid-19.
- “What’s ‘Inside’? An Argument against Phenomenal Identity as Mark of the Internal” at Fifth Philosophy of Language and Mind Network Conference, University of St Andrews, UK, Poster Session (August 2019).
- “The Myth of the Given Advice: Towards Eliminativism about Doxastic Moral Deference,” Ways of Knowing in Ethics, Simon Frasier University, Vancouver, Canada (June 2018)
Danielle Lee Clevenger
“Utilizing Movement in Learning Activities,” Panel presentation. “Shaking Up the Standard Lecture,” at APA Central Division Meeting, Chicago, IL. (February 2018).
“Ghosts of Departed Quantities,” at Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy’s Summer School on Mathematical Philosophy for Female Students, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Munich, (2016).
“Shortcomings in Shoemaker’s Defense: The Unresolved Korsgaard-Parfit Debate,” at 67th New Mexico Texas Philosophical Society’s Annual Conference, Texas State University, San Marcos (2016).
“Fake News and Epistemic Vice” with Frank Cabrera, at Alabama Philosophical Society. (September 2019).
“A Wittgensteinian Critique of Causal Action Explanations” at Alabama Philosophical Society. (September 2019).
“Fake News on Social Media: Eliminating a Uniquely Noxious Market” with Frank Cabrera, at Kansas Philosophical Society. (February 2019).
- “Measuring Well-Being and Valuing Virtue”, at APA Pacific Division Meeting, San Diego, CA. (March 28-31, 2018).
- “Measuring Well-Being and Valuing Virtue”, at Alabama Philosophical Society, Pensacola, FL. (September 29-30, 2017).
- “Measuring Well-Being and Valuing Virtue”, at Eudaimonia Conference, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC. (April 20-22, 2017).
- “Actions and Projects: A Proposed Solution to the Problem of Vague Attribution”, at Alabama Philosophical Society, Pensacola, FL. (September 30-October 1, 2016).
- “Sin and Supererogation”, with Calum Miller, at LOGOS conference, University of Notre Dame. (May 5-7 2016).
- “The Moral Significance of Pain in Draper’s Argument from Evil”, with Robert Reed, at Alabama Philosophical Society, Pensacola, FL. (October 2-3 2015).
- “Pay Attention to Yourself: An Alternative Explanation of Patient RB” at Southern Society for Philosophy and Psychology 112th annual meeting in Louisville, KY. (Postponed due to Covid-19).
- “Extended Control in Goal-directed Behavior” at Southern Society for Philosophy and Psychology 111th annual meeting in Cincinnati, OH. (March 7-9. 2019).
- “Embedded Love” at Rocky Mountain Ethics Congress, CU Boulder. (August 9-12. 2018).
- “Biocentrism, Normativity, and The Organizational Account of Function” at APA Central Division Meeting in New Orleans, LA. (February 2021).
- “Does Methodological Adaptationism Presuppose a False Dichotomy?” at American Philosophical Association, Central Division Meeting in New Orleans, LA. (February 2021).
- “On the Plausibility of a Dispositional Analysis of Intrinsic Value,” at Wisconsin Philosophical Association. (August 2020).
- “Does Methodological Adaptationism Presuppose a False Dichotomy?” at Philosophy of Science Association. (November 2020).
- “On the Scientific Legitimacy of Animal Beliefs” at Minnesota Philosophical Society. (October 2019).
- “How Should a Physicalist Respond to the Knowledge Argument?” at American Philosophical Association Pacific Division Meeting in Vancouver, BC. (April 2019).
- “Structural Representations and Causal Explanation,” at American Philosophical Association, Central Division Meeting, Main Program, Colloquium Session, Chicago, IL. (February 2020).
- “Structural and Indicator Representations: A Difference in Degree, Not Kind,” at Australasian Society for Philosophy and Psychology 2018 Meeting, Sydney, Australia. (December 2018).
- “Does the Judgment Internalist’s Claim Depend on a Particular View of Motivation?” at American Philosophical Association, Pacific Division Meeting, Main Program, Colloquium Session, San Francisco, CA. (March 2013).
- “It’s Not All About Beliefs: The Extended Mind and Why Propositional Attitudes are Still in the Head”, at Southern Society for Philosophy and Psychology, Austin, TX. (February 2013).
- “Can Embodied Cognition Deny Representation and Still Explain Intentionality?” Poster presentation, at Annual meeting of the Society for Philosophy and Psychology, Boulder, CO. (June 2012).
“Rawls’s Mature Account of Justice Between Generations,” at 4th International Conference for Economics and Philosophy, Lyon, France. (2018).
- “Educated Abroad: Identifying Challenges for Just Resource Distribution for Inter- and Transnational Students” at APA Eastern Division Meeting (invited), Philadelphia, PA. (January 2020).
- “Transnational Educational Justice: Issues of Educational Resources for Students Living Abroad” at NAAPE Annual Conference, Mundelein, IL. (October 2019).
- “Transnational Educational Justice: Issues of Educational Resources for Students Living Abroad” at NASSP’s 36th International Social Philosophy Conference, San Francisco, CA. (July 2019).
- “Transnational Educational Justice: Issues of Educational Resources for Students Living Abroad” at 2019 American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada. (April 2019).
- “Statutory Disenfranchisement: the undue cost of a felony conviction” at Philosophies of Incarceration, Villanova, PA. (March 2017).
“A Capabilitarian Account of Fairness,” at VIII Braga Meetings on Ethics and Political Philosophy, University of Minho. (June 2017)- accepted but could not attend.
“A Capabilitarian Account of Fairness,” at Challenging Inequalities: Human Development and Social Change. (September 2017).
“A Paternalist Friendly Capabilities Approach,” at Human Development and Social Inclusion in an Urbanizing World, Universidad Católica. (September 2018).
- “Non-Idealized Dignity and the Moral Permissibility of Paternalism: A Reformulation of Nussbaum’s Capabilities Approach,” at Human Development and Capability Association Conference, Tokyo, Japan. (September 2016).
- “Non-Idealized Dignity and the Moral Permissibility of Paternalism: A Reformulation of Nussbaum’s Capabilities Approach,” at Center for Global Ethics, Conference on Agency, Power, and Politics, University of Birmingham, UK. (May 2016).
“Conceptual Sieves,” at The New Mexico Texas Philosophical Society, 69th Annual Meeting, Houston, USA. (2018).
“Conceptual Sieves,” at Third International Conference on Philosophy of Mind, School of Medicine, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal. (2017).
- “Phenomenal Concepts and the Disjunction Problem,” at the Southern Society for Philosophy and Psychology 108th Annual Meeting, Louisville. (2016).
- “The Logic of Quantified Two-Dimensional Conceivability Arguments,” at the Philosophy of Language and Mind Masterclass Conference with David Chalmers, Stockholm. (2015).
What Can Philosophers Do?, Societal Implications: Applying Academic Philosophy Outside of the Academy (March 2018).
“Minding the Gap: P4C and Arendt’s Crisis in Education” at Ohio Valley Philosophy of Education Society. (October 2017).
- “Explanations in Music Theory” at Illinois Philosophical Association. (November 2014).
- “Explanations in Music Theory” at Central States Philosophical Association. (October 2014).
- “Mechanistic Explanations in Music Theory: Lessons from Biology and Physical Geology” at Alabama Philosophical Society. (October 2013).
- “Mechanistic Explanations in Music Theory: Lessons from Biology and Physical Geology” at European Society for Aesthetics. (June 2013).
- “Performing Platonist Types” at Performance Philosophy. (April 2013).
- “Musical States of Affairs: A New Proposal For Realist Platonism” at Challenging Musical Ontologies: An RMA Study Day. (November 2012).
- “Interlevel Mechanistic Explanations of Musical Ontology” at Midsouth Philosophy Conference. (February 2012).
- “Understand the process of scientific discovery: the case of the network approach” at Canadian Society for the History and Philosophy of Science, Vancouver, Canada. (June 1-3, 2019).
- “Process, not just the product: the case of network motifs analysis”, at The 16th International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology, Prague, The Czech Republic. (August 5-10, 2019).